June 10, 2009

Reverse Vacation: Day 3

I only put in half a day on the novel today. Our pantry was finally installed last week, so the morning was taken up with the monthly Aldi run to stock up on nonperishable and frozen goods we haven't been able to do for the last several months.

After lunch, I managed about half the word count I hit yesterday, but it was enough to finish off chapter seven and make it two or three paragraphs into chapter eight.

Monday I decided to change the timing of a major event, and it has had lasting repercussions. I've been struggling to reorder everything to reflect the new change, and I'm sure I will continue to do so throughout the first half of the novel. It's difficult, but I'm happier with the new material than I've been with any piece in a long time.

As any readers of the other blog know, I'm also kicking the caffeine habit this week. I never guessed how much of a difference it made until I cut out the last dregs from my diet. I've been sleeping well, but I'm still in a fog most mornings. I'm looking forward to this fading in coming days.

Tomorrow we start getting into the heart of the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment