June 11, 2009

Reverse Vacation: Day 4

Today was another productive day. I finished chapter eight and wrote the majority of chapter nine after tending to the house I routinely clean. Today's word count topped out at around 2500 words.

The story has changed more this week than I thought it would. The plot itself is the same, but the timing of certain events has been shuffled about to a great extent. This has required a more extensive rewrite than I originally anticipated, but I think the effect is increased. I know the emotional content has definitely been upped a notch or three. The last full version I wrote was before Hubby and I were married, and I've learned a great deal about the dynamics between husband and wife.

And no, Right of Succession isn't a romance. A couple of the main characters are a young couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment