August 4, 2009

What I wouldn't give for an office some days...


I've been making daily to do lists of late, trying to make sure I fit everything I'm supposed to do into the day. As much as the lists have helped, they can only go so far. Unfortunately for my writing, it has to compete with my being the stay-at-home parent of a toddler and a preschooler.

I occasionally suffer from the delusion I'll be able to sneak in an hour or so of writing while the girls nap. I'd be happy with two days a week, one even. Yet most days I'm lucky to have time enough to grab a quick lunch and a shower before the oldest asserts she's had enough of a nap even though I know she hasn't so much as sat on her bed since I closed her door. It's days like these I despair of ever completing any project I started before having children.

No comments:

Post a Comment