October 26, 2010

So, Why Choose Contented Comfort Soaps?

When it comes to sensitive skin, my household has it bad. All of us have trouble with one thing or another. This is why I began making our own laundry detergent and household cleaners, and it's why I became interested in making soap.

That's why I've decided to never add dyes to the soaps I will be selling. I will use botanical powders to enrich and color the soaps, but never artificial colors or dyes. Although some powders can react for some people, the chances are lower than with dyes, and botanical contain antioxidants and vitamins, which can actually benefit the skin.

I will use skin safe fragrance oils. They tend to be less skin reactive than many essential oils and they don't degrade as quickly.

With the use of botanical powders, the use of a mild preservative is needed to maintain the soap's benefits. I've chosen the preservative with the lowest skin reactivity I could find.

Please know my family and I will all try the first bar of each blend, and I will not include a product we wouldn't use on a daily basis ourselves.

I do not expect to receive my first shipment of melt and pour bases until early December, but once I do, you can expect to see posts on successful scents and blends on a regular basis throughout the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment