February 27, 2013

Challenge Update

I've had a bit of a problem with the challenge the past few days. Almost a week ago now, I woke up ten times more tired than I was when I went to bed the night before despite plenty of sleep. It's been the same every day since.

For the whole past week I've had issues with nausea, extreme fatigue, and a sense of smell that's completely out of whack. And before anyone starts thinking I'm expecting again, I'm not. It took a couple of days for it to become evident, but I have a whopper of a sinus infection is all.

I'm treating it as best as I can with plenty of fluids, judicious use of a neti pot, and antihistamines. Still though, I can't quite find enough pep to handle my usual workouts. I have been keeping up with the big glass of water first thing and my daily Bible reading though, so that's something.

It's extremely frustrating though. Right now I'm supposed to be finishing up the final rewrites for Right of Succession and blending the new fragrances to be debuted at the end of April through early June. Plus, I have my own bookkeeping as well as some freelance work to do. I'm so sleepy I'm afraid to even try though given my tendency to invert numbers when tired. 

I keep staring at my notes, trying to make some headway with Right of Succession, but I can't seem to get my brain off neutral and into gear. I can't even make sense of my notes on how it's to be restructured at the moment.

Blending fragrances is something I can usually handle even when tired. When my sense of smell is all messed up is another matter altogether. Lately rain has smelled of mothballs, a brand new jar of peanut butter of mold, brownies of spaghetti, and caramel coffee creamer of cotton candy. As you might imagine, I don't trust myself with making anything new until the infection heals and my sense of smell goes back to normal. I'm kind of scared to open the fragrance oils for that matter. If I can't get past the smell of most foods to even try to eat, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to handle concentrated fragrances, no matter how good they usually smell.

Thankfully I have managed to get a few of the products I made a couple of weeks back listed on the store front, finally. So at least I've managed to be productive there as well as crocheting a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment