April 12, 2010

Weekly Weigh In: Ups and Downs

This week's a mixed bag. On the one hand, I gained a couple pounds. On the other, I finished my first 5K with an okay time considering I only had two weeks' notice to prepare.

I can't say I'm all that surprised by the weigh in. Hubby and I celebrated our fifth anniversary over the weekend, and my weight always seems to shoot up for a day or two after eating a meal out. The real question is will it go back down in the next day or two. If it doesn't, then I know it's something more than a reaction to all the salt we've had over the weekend.

I made it across the finish line in fifty minutes and forty-five seconds. That's not so bad considering I walked the whole thing. I enjoyed it more than I expected. Enough so that I'm thinking of doing the Cotton Row Run on May 31 to see if I can beat my time. I'm thinking of actually training this time around. If nothing else, I should at least be a little less sore the next day.

(I'm hobbling around like an old woman this morning.)

Well, nothing for it either way but to move forward.

1 comment: