May 11, 2010

Weekly Weigh In: This Is Getting Old

Okay, so the post is a day late, but I did weigh in on time yesterday. I'm back up a pound and a half. I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

The week started out very well. I walked four miles a day and kept up with my strength training the first three days of the week. Then my shoulder fell out of socket Wednesday evening. (This isn't something new. I started having periodic issues with my ball and socket joints when I was in junior high. It's an odd genetic quirk where the ligaments stretch a little too easily.) I backed off on the weights to keep from causing any more inflammation.

I didn't go walking Thursday, but I did clean two houses before I weeded, hand tilled, and planted the front garden. Friday was where things started falling apart this week. I woke with a headache, and both girls were whinny and prone to screaming tantrums throughout the day, all due to hay fever. Then the weekend came along, and Hubby's birthday and Mother's Day gifts to me were both not having to cook for the evening.

So, a four day headache combined with two take out dinners on Saturday and Sunday made for a poor weigh in. (Yes, the headache is jut now starting to wane. Thankfully my next migraine check up is at the end of the month.) I'm hopeful it's just a bit of water retention due to copious amounts of salt in our dinners over the weekend.

In any case, it's back to the old grind this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment