September 13, 2010

"The Cookbook" Finally has a Title!

Come on, you didn't really think I'd be calling it "The Cookbook" forever did you? No, I was just having a difficult time coming up with anything good enough to be a real title. It's a pattern. I tend to go through four or five working titles until I find one I love, so I've stopped trying to give a piece more than a descriptive title until I finally find the one.

Now, for those of you who are new to the blog, it's not actually a cookbook so much as a book of tips. In truth, only about a forth of the book is made up of recipes. The rest is the story of our little family and how we've managed to save money and hold on to enough of our savings to buy a house, even while technically living under the poverty line. In the writing of it, I noticed we seem to be one of Murphy's favored punching bags.

I know we're not actually more prone to things going wrong than anyone else, but it can certainly feel that way when you're going through it. That idea is where the title comes in.

"Surviving Murphy: Keeping it Together when Everything Goes Wrong"

The cover art is still a work-in-progress, and I will post the full cover once I have it in hand.

Surviving Murphy is heading into final revisions now. If all goes to plan, it will be fully proofed and coming to Amazon and Etsy in November. Watch here or over on Facebook for more details as they become available.

No comments:

Post a Comment