January 12, 2011

Opening Line of Soaps

It's been a busy couple weeks around here. I've been making soap on most days, ordering supplies, designing labels, and crocheting away.

I have a shelf full of guest and full sized soap bars I'm preparing to package and label this afternoon, but first let me introduce you to the first few soaps in my opening line.

This first one is the .5 to 1 ounce guest sized bars in Cinnamon Honey.

The scent was inspired by my favorite face mask. I made it hoping the soap would be as powerful at fighting acne as the mask is, but the soap seems to weaken the effectiveness as an acne treatment. However, being made with real honey and ground cinnamon, it is moisturizing, invigorating, and mildly exfoliating. The scent is slightly sweet and spicy.

My next soap is Hubby's favorite of the ones I've made thus far. He loves the way the Peppermint Cream variety smells.

It is scented with a blend of peppermint and vanilla fragrance oils and colored with finely ground parsley powder. This invigorating, mildly exfoliating soap would be a perfect pick-me-up in the morning or after a workout.

I do make full size bars of soap as well. Here's a look at a 4.5 to 5 oz. full size bar of my China Orange scent.

China Orange is a blend of citrus, sandalwood, and green tea fragrance oils. The top layer is colored with powdered parsley and green tea, and the second layer is colored with ginger and paprika.

The bright but sensual scent, mild and medium exfoliating sides, and power packed antioxidants make this blend my personal favorite of the four I've made.

This next variety was actually my first attempt at making the China Orange variety. The scenting is the same, but I used a different grinding and filtering method for the parsley and green tea. And I tried using orange powder for coloring, resulting in a orangy-yellow color.

The exfoliating properties of this first attempt were too strong for a face or body bar, but it's perfect for softening tough areas like feet and elbows. So, here is the China Orange Foot Scrub Bar. This batch isn't the prettiest, but it works.

Also, I tried using the test bar to lather and exfoliate before shaving. It resulted in the smoothest shave I've had in years.

I will be making more soap this evening before turning my attention to bath fizzies and salts until my next shipment of fragrance oils arrive. I'll post more pictures and descriptions as soon as I have more products to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment