July 15, 2011

The Farmer's Market

I know I kind of dropped off the map there for a bit as far as the blog and well, internet in general, is concerned.

The truth of the matter is things have been crazy busy around here lately. This summer and fall is my first festival and craft show season. I've been hard at work building stock, marketing, and working the Ardmore Farmer's Market since June. I'm out there every Saturday from 7 a.m. until noon, or I will be except for days when I have a conflicting festival or craft show.

So far my table has been a rather small and crowded card table. However, I was able to purchase a new table yesterday. So, I will be able to have a larger selection available in upcoming weeks.

The biggest thing keeping me busy lately has been working on new crochet products for the store, mostly because they seem to be selling even before I finish them. One of the latest items was a custom order. Another was an original purse design, which I may have available as a display model tomorrow if the lining has dried sufficiently for it to be moved. It has already been spoken for, however, so it will not be available for purchase. I plan on making more in different color combinations though, so if you like the look, you can commission one for yourself in your pick of yarn and lining colors.

I'm currently working on face scrubbies, some house slippers, additional purse designs, headband, ear warmer, and shawl designs for the festivals and autumn shows coming up. I French knit and crochet afghans and other big items as well, plus party and wedding favors, but I almost always do those on commission only.

If you'll be up toward Ardmore, TN one Saturday coming up, make sure to come by and see me and the other vendors.

No comments:

Post a Comment