August 15, 2011

Okay, so how to I bag the granola I made without a huge mess?

I'm sorry I forgot to post this with yesterday's homemade granola recipe, but I was trying to get the post up for you before the granola was actually cool enough to bag. And I kind of didn't realize how messy it would be until I tried to put up a batch myself.

So, before you try to make your granola, line your pan with either wax paper or aluminum foil. If you use foil, make sure to grease it before you spread your granola in the pan.

After you get your granola broken up, scoop as much of it as you can into the bag with a large spoon. Then pull up the sides of the paper or foil and use it to pour the remainder of the granola into your zipper bag.

Tilting the pan instead isn't such a good idea unless you're just looking for an excuse to sweep your kitchen, trust me.

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting tip! I'm finally at your blog to thank you for commenting on my guest post at Scary Mommy months ago!!! It was on the Myth of the Super Mom- and I agree with you- Some things suffer so we can feed our families well! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete