January 17, 2012

Mainstream Music

I'll admit, I do usually listen to a top 40 station on the rare occasions I listen to the radio. Though it's mostly out of station loyalty than anything else. I worked for them for a couple years not too long back, and I do still like the 80s Retro Lunch and Friday Morning Free for All. That said, I'm not too much of one for today's popular music.

"Country" music nowadays is more countrified pop than anything else. It's lost its unique flavor. I've never been a fan of rap or heavy metal, and pop pretty much all sounds the same. Half the time the songs are about drinking or slutting it up, and the other half, the videos make it out to be that way anyhow. Every now and again, I'll come across one I like, but mostly, today's mainstream music is just... eh.

I'm more for the classics, jazz, big band, swing, country up til the early 90s, 80s, acapella gospel, folk, bluegrass, classic rock, theatrical, and a smattering of odd and end songs from today's groups.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment