January 8, 2012

Taking a look at the zodiac...

Okay, I'm not one for horoscopes unless it's to point and laugh, but today's challenge assignment is to take a look at my zodiac sign and see if it fits me or not.

I'm a Taurus apparently. Traditionally Taurus' are described as patient, reliable, warmhearted, loving, persistent, determined, placid, and security loving. On the darker sides of their personalities, they are supposed to be jealous, possessive, resentful, inflexible, self-indulgent, and greedy.

I suppose the description fits as well as any broad and random description can. I'm usually quite reliable, so long as my memory cooperates, which it doesn't do near as much as I'd like these days. I'm not as patient as I would like, or as much as I used to be for that matter. It's something I'm working on. Warmhearted, loving, persistent, and determined I'll cop to. Most folks would say emotional, stubborn, and hard headed, but I figure they mean about the same. I've never been described as placid though. I don't think I'd describe myself that way either. I do like to know my family and I won't have to worry too much about the necessities, but the itch to learn, to grow, to stretch myself and find some kind of adventure's too strong for me to ever be placid.

The only time I really remember being jealous was back when Hubby and I were having a difficult time trying for a second child, and it seemed like half the women around me were becoming pregnant. And I trust Hubby too much to be possessive and jealous of him. I can get a bit resentful now and again, but I've gotten fairly good at squashing it back when the urge crops up. I used to have a real problem with inflexibility, especially when it came to my plans for the day and lists of all things, but I've grown up a good deal since then. I do get self-indulgent during my low points, and thankfully I have Hubby to call me on it. But greedy? So long as I have a roof over my head, food to feed my family, clothes that at least somewhat fit, and my loved ones, I'm good. Sure there are things that I would like, but I'm fine without them.

So, the description of a Taurus half fits, and it half doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment