September 26, 2013

Yet another whacked out summer.

I only just realized how long it's been since I've looked at this blog. It's been months since I've posted or even checked comments. I'm a bad, bad blogger.

However, I've had a bunch of other things on my mind lately. First off, I was rather obsessed with finishing off the rewrites and edits on Right of Succession. Then, as it became clear I needed to start applying for an on-site job, that became all consuming. So, here I am two weeks away from the start of the fall show season with a list of items to restock as long as my arm, three and a half chapters left to finish rewriting, and getting ready to start a new part-time job come Monday.

Autumn Breeze Soaps. Leaves are available in red, orange, and yellow.

On the plus side, I finished stocking the limited edition Autumn Breeze soaps. They are available through the store front now through December 1, and I'll have them with me at Hilltop Arts Festival and NA Crafters Expo the first two weeks in November.

Although I will be going to work for a couple of local radio stations, Contented Comfort will stay up and running. Most of the time, I was manufacturing all the products, handling the marketing, and selling at an average of 10-15 hours a week. The rest of the time, I was homeschooling the girls and doing housework. Circumstances have changed for our family, and now Hubby has the opportunity to really teach the way he's wanted to do through homeschooling our daughters and possibly as an online social sciences tutor. This means I have mornings free, and if you know me, you know I can't stand sitting around doing nothing. So, hence my first regular, on-site job in almost seven years.

So now, I'll be working mornings using skills I developed at Cumulus Broadcasting back when Hubby and I first married, and I'll do what I need to do for Contented Comfort in the evenings and on weekends.

This week, I'm working hard to remake the items that are low or out-of-stock. In some cases, I'm experimenting with possible new products or making items I didn't get to make earlier, like Byronic Doctor guest soaps. So, watch here or on the store front for new or returning items.

No comments:

Post a Comment