October 17, 2013

Con*Stellation Recap

This recap is a little later than usual, but Con*Stellation is a bit different than the other shows I usually do. Specifically, it's a three day show. So, by the time Sunday afternoon rolled around, I got my booth broken down, got back home, unloaded all my items, and I crashed.  It was a good weekend though.

My booth for Con*Stellation this year.

Con*Stellation is a well established convention. It's mostly a literary science fiction and fantasy convention, so the attendees are a bit different than you see at some other shows. As usual, most, not all, but most of the men there walked quickly by, studiously avoiding eye contact. I get it, but it's still just a little funny, especially considering I added so many feminine fragrances this year because I was becoming overloaded with masculine fragrances.

Sales were so so, which wasn't unexpected given the state of the economy and the fact so many here locally were on furlow. This weekend stands out for me in the connections made with other vendors and Alabama authors. I'm considering going back next year for just that reason.

This was the "kick off" show for my autumn show season this year. Hubby and I will be out at the Hilltop Arts Festival in Elkmont, AL 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 2. We'll also be at the North Alabama Crafters' Holiday Expo in Huntsville, AL 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday, November 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment