November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Day Tag

I mentioned the fact the girls and I were planning to make a Thanksgiving Day tag video last week. After I got home from work Monday afternoon, we did just that. You can check it out below.


If you enjoyed the tag, please let me know and take a moment to subscribe to the channel. If I can find or write some more child friendly tags, I might do them with the girls.

You got to hear the girls answers in the video above, so I thought I'd give my own answers here on the blog.


1. What is your favorite thing about fall?


I love the colors. Earth and jewel tones are my favorite color ranges, and fall is just full of them.



2. What are you thankful for this year?

I'm so thankful for Hubby and the girls. I don't want to even imagine my life without them. Also, I'm very thankful for Hubby's skills as a teacher as well as my new job. Because of them, we won't have to sell our home, and the girls' education is going along even better than it was before because he has ideas and tricks he can use with them I'd never thought about.

3. What is the best thing about Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving gets a bad rap these days because the celebration is very food centered, but that fact is central to what I'm about to say next. The kitchen is often referred to as the "heart of the home," and this is seen clearly on Thanksgiving. The focus is on coming together around the table, and there's no rush to finish eating and get on to doing something else. Because of this, folks linger around the table, and we end up having the best conversations long after the meal is finished.

4. Do you help with the cooking?

Yes. We always do a coordinated pot luck, and because of our family's dietary restrictions, it's only polite to help out. I'm making four dishes this year, three of which we'll be filming for this coming week's Sunday Sides and Suppers, the first of three holiday themed episodes.

5. What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

I actually answered this one in the Sweater Weather Tag video I posted over on TheTekaranlady YouTube channel a couple of weeks back. The answer would be Granny D's chicken and dressing. It's just one of the best recipes I've come across. I grew up with it on the table at all the holiday dinners and some of our family birthday dinners, so it's just one of those quintessential comfort foods in my mind.

6. Do you watch the parade, football, or movies on Thanksgiving day?

We watch the parade in the morning, and on the rare occasions we're home that evening, we tend to watch movies. We're not huge sports people.

7. What do you do on Black Friday?

Our Black Friday tradition revolves around kicking off the Christmas season. We put on Christmas music while we decorate. Then we snuggle up together and enjoy our first cup of egg nog or hot chocolate while we watch a classic Christmas special. Sometimes it's Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Sometimes it's The Polar Express, and yet others, it's White Christmas. It depends on whether there's something on network or if we need to put in a DVD.

8. Have you started thinking about Christmas yet?

Even though Hubby didn't want me to make any gifts this year, I'm a crafter. Making gifts is just part of who I am, so inevitably, I get started thinking about Christmas and working on gifts in August.


So, that's the end of the tag. As you could probably tell, I adjusted the wording of some of the questions to make them a little clearer for the girls.

I'm tagging you to do this tag. If you do, please comment below or send me a video response. I'd love to hear your answers.

Have a very happy Thanksgiving, and I'll be back Sunday with a special three recipe holiday edition of Sunday Sides and Suppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment