May 30, 2009

Blast from the Past: A Bride's Prayer

Today's blast from the past is something I originally wrote for Hubby not long after we were engaged, included in Right of Succession with his permission, and we had framed for the middle of the photo table at our wedding reception.

A Bride's Prayer

Heavenly Father,
Praise be to you
who carved the cosmos
from oblivion with a word.
To you be the glory
who gave us life and hope of pardon.
Thanks be to you
for sending my beloved to me.
He whom I lean upon,
and who leans upon me in return.
He who challenges.
He who brings joy.
He who compliments my soul.
Lead me not from him, I pray,
but help me to strengthen,
help me to comfort,
help me to maintain the love
that binds our hearts.
Amen.

I'm not much of a poet, I'll admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment