July 20, 2009

52 Weeks: Weeks 13-16 Update

Wow, I missed an entire cycle of updates. I'm sorry readers. I was sidetracked by life.

The past few weeks have been a bit crazed. We've had three birthdays, two of which were my daughters. I now have a three-year-old and a one-one-year old. They had separate parties this year, even though their birthdays are only three weeks apart since it hardly seems fair to make a child share their first birthday party. Both were simple affairs, but when you're trying to learn to decorate cakes with only websites as guides, things get complicated quickly.

Did you know the weather will affect how a frosting sets up? I knew there was a chance the humidity would change my royal icing consistency, but I thought it'd just be a bit softer than I'd really like. I never anticipated the frosting sliding almost completely off the cake! Needless to say the youngest ended up with a last minute store bought cake. The other two were made with prepackaged rolled fondant. I'll post about them later in the week.

So, how has the challenge been going these past few weeks? It's been more or less like it was the cycle before. I've been hitting and missing with my goals. The biggest problem has been simply remembering all I've been wanting to do each day. Therefore, I'll be making myself a daily checklist for the next several weeks at least. It's pitiful, but it's the best way to make sure I get done with my goals. Maybe I'll begin remembering more when my goals are ingrained habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment