February 11, 2012

Time changes us if but subtly.

How have I changed in the past two years? Not by much, actually, so far as I can tell. I'm in a little better shape. I've started a business, though it has only changed my method of working from home. I style my hair differently and picked up a couple new hobbies, but otherwise I'm mostly the same.

Phrases become cliche for a reason, and "Life's only constant is change," is no exception. Some changes are obvious, others are subtle. Different points in our lives are filled with one or the other.

At this point in my life, I'm in a series of subtle changes which will build into a large shift years down the road. There are times I wish I could force one of the obvious changes, but then I take a step back from the now and take a wider view. Some changes are so subtle they're almost invisible, but they lay the foundation for larger ones.

Maybe it's better to let things progress as they are, so the big shift, when it comes, is stable instead of fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment