June 9, 2012

My geekiness, let me show you it. Part Three.

Today's is the third and final post introducing this year's new line of geek inspired soaps. These two were inspired by the main two male characters of the Twilight Saga.

Personally, I'm not a fan, but to each their own.  It was with that in mind, I decided to make these two designs.  I know there are a lot of Twilight fans out there.  I know several.  So these two are for you.
Sparkles the Vamp Glycerin Soaps
First is Sparkles the Vamp in honor of Edward.  The bars are made with glycerin soap to achieve that nice crimson.  If I'd made them with goat milk soap, they'd look more sandstone like the Strawberries and Champagne soaps I have. But those will come later.

The scent is a blend of lime, basil, greens, sandalwood, and musk.  It's a very clean, fresh smell.

Unfortunately the soaps don't actually sparkle.  The glittery mica powders aren't considered natural colorants, and therefore do not fit with my brand.

Wolf Bite Goat Milk Soaps
Next up, we have Wolf Bite, inspired by Jacob.  The bars are made with green and gray goat milk soaps swirled together, and the fragrance includes patchouli, lemongrass, sage, and evergreen.  Now, Hubby and I neither one are big on patchouli, but we do love how these turned out.

So that's it for this year's new line.  I may add in a few new fragrances to the general line throughout the year, especially now that Storybook Fantasy, Garden Party, and Into the Woods are being discontinued.

No comments:

Post a Comment