July 10, 2012

More Newbies!

I'm finally getting around to making some shaped soaps on a regular basis. I've had the molds for a while now, but it's taken me this long to come up with a use for them outside holidays or the custom orders that caused me to purchase them in the first place.

I love the moon and stars design that inspired my Nighty Night soaps. Last holiday season, I had a woman request the design for a custom order, and I'm so glad she did. It makes beautiful little two ounce bars.
 


The Nighty Night fragrance is a soft blend of lavender and vanilla. I use my usual goat milk soap for it and a blend of blue and purple mineral oxide powders to get a blue to light indigo. 

I originally intended to use these next soaps make gift sets for Valentines, but I didn't quite make it in time. Besides, I think they're good enough for any time.

These are goat milk soaps colored with red mineral oxide powder and scented with a Strawberries and Champagne fragrance oil. The sizes aren't as clear cut as with most of my other molds, which I'm not sure if I like or not. The big bars come out between 3.5 to 3.75 ounces, and the little ones are about 1.5 ounces each.

I did experiment with making matching fizzy tabs in the small heart molds. Yeah, that didn't work out so well. The new glossy molds work well for creating a nice glass like finish on the soaps, but fizzy tabs want to adhere to it. I'm not trying that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment